IFB Links a La Mode featuring my post on “Skinnygirl” Bethenny
I'm very pleased that IFB accepted my previous post about Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl brand. We should all be questioning, 'since when does skinny mean healthy?' And why is she printing it on baby onesies?
And be sure to take a look at the rest of the best and brightest of fashion blogging this week.
It Gets Better
Edited by: The Sunday Best
As we head full on into the "holiday" season, with its unbridled consumerism, endless head-whacking charity pleas, and weird tie-ins, I expected the links list to be inundated with shopping guides. Instead, many dealt with what can only be considered harassment or, terribly, abuse; several looked at blogging as a cathartic experience, others as a rallying cry. I was lucky enough to be raised in an openly affectionate household with two strong female presences in my mother and sister, and this has undoubtedly affected my manner and attitudes as a married man. Since I can't go around changing men and society, no matter how cool that superpower would be, I offer this reminder, in what I believe is the spirit of the season (when that spirit is allowed to express itself unfettered): respect is the bare minimum we owe each other, and the bare minimum we should expect from others. Respect is not necessarily agreement, but it is always acknowledgment. For those who are struggling this season–financially, emotionally, physically–I can only echo the words of Tim Gunn, George Takei, and others when I say, "It gets better." Happy Holidays.
Links à la Mode: December 2
- Analogue Chic 1 step forward, ten steps back: Skinnygirl by Bethenny Frankel
- Be Fabulous Daily Women at work: An immodest proposal
- Crimson Rosella My safe haven
- Finding Tokyo Why Paris is no longer the fashion capital of the world
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: The Comment Challenge
- Melina Bee How to host your own clothing swap in five easy steps
- Mrs Bossa Friend Friday Guest Post: Size Matters
- My Heart Blogged Losing 40 lbs., and what I've learned
- Oranges and Apples An ethics code for bloggers
- Piewacket Hot off the press
- Statements in Fashion My Alex, My Dragonfly
- Style Eyes A fashion bloggers mini guide to psychology
- The Button Owl Control freak
- The Chic Curve From the author: "Fat Bitch"
- The Coveted Nicole de Carle: Subversive Architectural Lingerie
- The Demoiselles Can't stand the hate: Cutting Bridalplasty down to size
- The Elegant Bohemian The sisterhood
- The Laugh Slut Giving thanks
- The Sunday Best Give him scotch
- Vogue Vintage The future of fashion blogging
- Wearabout Streets on the runway
Shopbop Swimwear: Bikinis by: Tibi, Rosa Cha, Clout, DVF, Red Carter, Thayer, http://www.shopbop.com/spanx/br/v=1/2534374302167112.htm?all">Spanx, http://www.shopbop.com/cosabella/br/v=1/2534374302023729.htm?all">Cosabella, & Shoshanna